[3830] ARRLDX SSB VY2TT(K6LA) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 8 15:30:44 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PEI

   15: 1235    89
Total: 2304   353  Total Score = 2,437,818

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

For the 2nd straight trip, my Montreal to Charlottetown PEI flight was canceled
and I had to overnight in Montreal the Monday night before the contest. This
time I was told I couldn't get into C'town until Thursday night. The best I
could do was fly into St. Johns Tuesday night and drive 4 hours to my place in
PEI. While the roads were clear, my little street and driveway weren't plowed,
so at 5 AM Wednesday I had to hike in four foot plus drifts in sneakers and
jeans to get to the PEI DX Lodge.

As far as the contest goes, I wasn't expecting much with damage to antennas not
having been repaired. Somehow, the south tribander that wasn't working last week
started to work. I was able to get the 40 meter rotator indicating direction
thanks to the work of Jeff at Green Heron, who made up a new prop pitch relay
controller for me. Jeff gives great tech support.

I knew this was going to be a half hearted effort when loud stations CQ'd in my
face on 80m. They were working guys I usually beat out, but couldn't hear me at
all.

The best part was I actually had a very short EU run on 10 meters Sunday.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT