[3830] ARRLDX SSB W7IV M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Mar 9 12:34:41 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W7IV
Operator(s): N7RO N7BT KW7XX N3QQ W7IV
Station: W7IV

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: WWA

  160:    7     6
Total: 1717   350  Total Score = 1,793,400

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

We started out pointed towards JA, and worked 10 big contest stations, then a
bunch of 100 watt guys, then the 50 watt guys.  30 minutes in we worked a 5
watt station and knew it was going to be a long weekend :-)

Friday night was really frustrating for us...couldn't get any rate and we were
worried the whole weekend was going to be like that, but Saturday and Sunday
turned out to be a lot of fun.

The 80m antenna is still stuck pointing towards Sydney...gotta check the
contest calendar for a VK/ZL contest - that's where we'll shine.

The nights were slow, but the daytime openings we had up here on 15 and 10 were
a treat for us.

Thanks to all the casual stations who came out and passed out Q's.  We had a
lot of fun, learned some new (old) tricks and look forward to the WPX at the
end of the month.