[3830] ARRLDX SSB K3CR(LZ4AX) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Mar 10 12:26:42 PST 2011

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3CR
Operator(s): LZ4AX
Station: K3CR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: State College, PA
Operating Time (hrs): ~39

Total: 2470   421  Total Score = 3,115,821

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Too tired for a serious effort, although I did try my best to stay awake as long
as possible. Overall, got more sleep during the contest than the preceding 3
days. The situation was similar to that before ARRL CW, so for awhile I thought
I could pull another zombie operation through. Phone, obviously, is much more
physically demanding than CW. Gave up only after 7 hours. Slept through sunrise
on both days. Didn't oversleep, just couldn't convince myself to get up and put
the headphones on. Went on 10 as soon as I heard some signals there on
Saturday. Big mistake. Everyone was much louder and easily workable on Sunday.
Oh, well ...
Anyway, looks like the fun is coming back to phone contests. Let's hope it
would stay the same until the WPX. Three memorable events:
1. ran BY's on 15. No kidding, 3 of them in a row!
2. JI2TKX called in on 15 and said he was also a Penn State Alumnus. Imagine
that - Japanese and Bulgarian Penn State graduates meet over the radio. The
Alumni Association would kill for that! I'm not a fan of today's alumni
hysteria but that one felt good.
3. Listened to 8P5A for about 15 minutes late Sunday afternoon. Simply
amazing!

Congratulations to all who made it through, and hope to see you again in RDXC!

As always, my sincere thanks to Jim, WA3FET for letting me use the station.

73, Alex LZ4AX