[3830] NA Sprint RTTY AA8IA LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Mar 12 20:04:15 PST 2011

                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - March

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN90QL
Operating Time (hrs): 3:16

---------------------
Total:  87     Mults = 28  Total Score = 2,436

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

First RTTY Sprint for me.   Pretty fun.   I know at least one occasion where I
failed to QSY at least 1 khz.  Not sure what happens there, but I know it isn't
good.   Of course i left it in the log.

Things started going south for me at the tail end.   For some reason the AFC
just kept pulling away from the signal and up the band, even though the filters
were tight and everything appeared to be nice and quiet except for the sig I was
trying to copy.   Was using the AA6YQ FIR512 profile in MMTTY.  Went to switch
back to Standard RTTY filter and it was totally useless, copying absolutely
nothing (including not copying noise).   SO went back to AA6YQ and kept trying
to use AFC when I was CQing and it just kept moving away from the sig.   So,
with 15 minutes left I threw in the towel.

Fun time.  Thanks for the Qs, fellas.