[3830] NA Sprint RTTY K0AD LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Mar 12 20:16:24 PST 2011

                    NA Sprint RTTY Contest - March

Call: K0AD
Operator(s): K0AD
Station: K0AD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   20     1.0
   40:   62     1.5
   20:   39     1.5
---------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Team:

Comments:

With Radio #2 in the shop, this was a low power single radio effort.  I got beat
out a lot.  I probably heard at least 5 other mults that I was not able to work.

It suprised me how many stations did not stick around to work the second half
of a couplet.  Even if they did not hear me, I would have expected them to at
least call one CQ before leaving.

It seemed like activity was up a little bit from October.  20 meters was in
better shape.  The hardest thing in Minnesota, of course, is to know what
direction to turn your beam on 20.  Speaking of Minnesota, I worked my first
and only MN station 4 minutes before the end of the sprint on 80 meters.

73,

Al, K0AD