[3830] Commonwealth VE3OI Open-24 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 13 06:13:06 PDT 2011

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VE3OI
Operator(s): VE3OI
Station: VE3OI

Class: Open-24 HP
QTH: Rockwood ON

Total:  500  Total Score = 7,080

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Conditions here were quite tough.  It seems that VE3 had a big propogation
curtain placed between us and the UK.   Paths to other parts of the world that
didnt need to pass thru the enlarged auroral zone seemed pretty good.  There
were also some pretty loud G signals on 80 later on in our evening, but not too
many.

Last year, I had about 250 contacts on 40.  This year it was 83.  Similar
situation on 15.  Just no good propogation to G land this time.

It became difficult to keep the butt in the chair past about 2330Z.

On the brighter side, VK/ZL propogation on the high bands was good....and fun.
 Also enjoyed being called by many Africans on most bands. That's always a
treat!

Thanks to all for the contacts.  Its always great to see so many familiar calls
once again.