[3830] Commonwealth VE3RZ Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 13 08:32:52 PDT 2011

                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VE3RZ
Operator(s): VE3RZ
Station: VE3RZ

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: ON

Total:  483  Total Score = 6,515

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

756Pro, AL80B - 700w
KT34 @50ft, 2x1/4wave verticals 40m, 80m 1/4wave vertical

Started out as Single op, no cluster, but Saturday afternoon got boring so
turned on cluster - hence multi-op - Surprising there really was little the
cluster brought to the table, only V4/K5MV on 10m was one that I hadnt already
worked without the cluster.  Conditions tough on 80m, 40m nice on Saturday
morning at sunrise, many ZL & VK stations with good signal strength. Spent
large amount of time CQing - only really had good runs on 20m and then early
morning sunday on 80m.  Good to hear all the other CCO members in play, KZ, EJ,
OI, CX, DX, KI, JM, all had good signals here.

Beat my score from last year by more than 50% so am happy, although total
number of Qs was low. Surprised by how well 10m kept up, at 5:40pm local on
Sunday, VKs were still coming through and 15m was almost empty here.

Worked a number of stations not in the contest but begged numbers from them
including N1SNB/CY0! Thanks.

5 banders include 8P6DR, 8P9AA, J68PJ, J88DR, VA3RAC (thanks Nick), VE7CC,
VE7RAC, VP2MXF, VP2V/G3PHO.

73, and thanks to all who went on the Dxpeditions for this.  CU in the Russian
Test.

Tony
ve3rz