[3830] WiQP AA8IA SO Fixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 13 20:52:20 PDT 2011

                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: SO Fixed LP
QTH: EN90QL
Operating Time (hrs): 4:22

  160:    0      0
   80:   30      4
   40:   58     36
   20:    8      1
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
  UHF:    0      0
--------------------
Total:   96     41  Mults = 48  Total Score = 11,184.0

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

What a great QSO Party.   I had more fun on the radio than I have had since the
OhQP last year.   Lots of mobile activity and some amazing mobile CW ops --
which made me think that K8MR and W1NN must have moved to WI and changed calls.
  Really, superb mobile ops.   Also nice to work K9TY/M on 40 SSB a few times.
A strange but welcomed thing occurred when I answered a CQ on 40m, worked a WI
station, and then he passed it off to another WI station in another new county
that I worked, who passed it off once again to a third county.   So I got three
for the price of one.   Lots of CW activity.   I actually worked some SSB and
was pleasantly surprised to find out that I had a normal SWR on 40 SSB for the
first time.   On 80 SSB I was unlucky as usual, and I'm guessing all of about 1
watt was making it out the antenna.   I did manage to work a couple SSB stations
on 80m though.

Many thanks to the sponsors and all of the WI ops who made themselves available
for our enjoyment, and a special thanks to the crazy [a compliment] mobile CW
ops and drivers.   Hopefully ya'll had as much fun as us out-of-staters did.  I
look forward to next year!