[3830] Rus DX K7RL SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 20 14:26:02 PDT 2011

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WWA

  160:    6      1        5         1
   80:   28      6       12         3
   40:  252    114       54        33
   20:  447    551       78        64
   15:   68    116       47         8
   10:    3      3        5         0
Total:  804    791      201       109  Total Score = 2,577,030

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Congratulations to N6MJ at W6YI on a great score from the west coast.  Overall,
conditions were better than I expected. 20m was definitely the money band with
lots of action and good rates.  15m was okay, but I could not run EU, so I
tried to work as many mults as I could hear.

40m is always a mixed bag.  Sometimes it is really good, and other times really
bad.  This time it was pretty good with loud EU from around sunset until just
after midnight local time.  At times, the brutal QRN, static crashes, and a
slight echo on most signals made it a challenge getting the exchange.  Thanks
to those ops for your patience and perseverance.

I had an issue with what I thought was a major rotator failure during the
contest.  A bit of panic set in as I tried to figure out what was going on.  It
turned out to be a bad surge protector that looked like it was functioning
properly, but was not supplying power to the equipment - weird.  That cost me
precious time in the middle of the contest to find it.  Time to replace them
all!

Around 10:00z things got brutally slow and I decided to call it quits 30
minutes early.  Thank you to all for the Qs; especially all the great Russian
operators that made it into the log.

73 de Mitch, K7RL