[3830] OkQP N5UM Rover-Assisted LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 20 21:15:46 PDT 2011

                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: N5UM
Operator(s): N5UM
Station: N5UM

Class: Rover-Assisted LP
QTH: 26 counties
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:      0        0
   80:      0        0
   40:    341       15
   20:    289      122
   15:      2        0
   10:      0        0
    6:      0        0
------------------------
Total:    632      137  Mults = 67  Total Score = 145,390

A most excellent time indeed.  My youngest son is 15 and driving on a learner's
permit -- so I got to operate while in motion.  Got to cover a lot more
counties than in previous years.   I operated fixed station at home last year,
so it was good to get out again.

Setup:  2008 Pontiac G6 with 2 hamsticks on trunk lid.   IC756 (old blue
screen) at 100W on 20M, 50W on 40M (higher power on 40 caused some RF trouble
with the car's on-board computer).  Made a couple of Qs on 15, but it was too
much of a hassle to change out one of the hamsticks to change bands.    Thought
about taking the N5UM official ham van/camping vehicle as I have on prior roves,
but it's just too old and tired to be reliable anymore.

Top 5 contacted stations:

CALL	40M	20M	15M	Total
N6MU	6	23	1	30
N4PN	11	18		29
K4YA	12	15		27
W5ESE	22			22
W0GXQ	15	6		21
WA6KHK	2	18		20
K0DEQ	11	7		18
NT2A	3	14		17
N5AQ	13			13
NJ4X	13			13

County and QSO breakdown:

	40M	40M	20M	20M	15M	Total
COUNTY	CW	PH	CW	PH	CW
Atoka	 9		11			20
Canadian 15		4	15		34
Cherokee 6		9			15
Coal	 6		27	3		36
Creek	 9	4	9	6	1	29
Garfield 21	1	3	10		35
Garvin	 11		39			50
Haskell	 21		21		1	43
Kingfish 15					15
Latimer	 16		12			28
Logan	 8		18	11		37
Mayes	 17	1	3			21
McClain	 15		10			25
Mcintosh 10		6			16
Muskogee 7		2			9
Noble	 24	1	5	11		41
Oklahoma 18	1	1	8		28
Osage	 13		12	9		34
Pawnee	 13	3	14	13		43
Payne	 17	3	16	13		49
Pittsbur 23		15	16		54
Pontotoc 14		28			42
Rogers	 5		6			11
Sequoyah 11		3			14
Tulsa	 9	1	7	7		24
Wagoner	 8		8			16

Grand	 341	15	289	122	2	769
Total

Worked 18 Oklahoma counties and 8 DX countries.

See you all next year, if not sooner.  Watch for me in some of the other
domestic contests.

73,
Al N5UM