[3830] Rus DX N6WIN SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 21 14:29:14 PDT 2011

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: N6WIN
Operator(s): N6WIN
Station: N6WIN

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: So Cal

  160:    3      1        3         1
   80:    9      1        4         0
   40:   59     19       22         6
   20:   75     13       33        24
   15:   24     31       18         0
Total:  170     65       80        31  Total Score = 119,214

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I always enjoy working into Russia... my first Elmer (N6CFQ - SK) was huge into
working the Russians during the cold war. Some of my best DX memories from my
first HF days come from his shared interest and teachings with me.

Just a lot of S&P to hand out points to those who were serious. I especially
enjoyed working Dan at W6YI's nine times.

Next year I will operate more in the morning hours to grab the European
Russians sooner. I will also hit the Asiatic Russian openings in the evening
with more assertion. I spent a lot of my time on when the openings weren't
there.

Operating equipment:

Yaesu FT2000
Acom 2000A