[3830] Rus DX OH8X(OH2UA) SO Mixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Mar 22 12:57:08 PDT 2011

                    Russian DX Contest

Call: OH8X
Operator(s): OH2UA
Station: OH8X

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Radio Arcala

  160:   135     50      39        50
   80:    89    187      54        60
   40:   210    178      72        66
   20:   604    283      80        68
   15:   258    280      80        51
   10:     3     58      34        15
Total:  1213   1121     359       310  Total Score = 9,171,990

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

RDXC is one of my favorite contest mainly because it's so well organized and
judged! I want to thank the organizers once again and salute the new and
innovative rules released for this year contest. Keep up the good work!

I'm sure that other contest organizers will follow the shorter log deadlines
sooner or later. At the moment there's already over 500 million broadband
connections around the globe (and that's only broadband). So missing internet
access can't be the reason for having this insane one month period for sending
the log.

This is also a remarkable thing in terms of the future of amateur radio. I'd
like you to get familiar with modern sailing competition. I was surprised to
see the similarities with amateur radio contesting and sailing. But sailors
have taken the full advantage of modern technology and turned sailing as
attractive sport e.g. with on-line result service, online boats tracking and
web cams all around the boats. Meanwhile us - pioneers of telecommunication -
are waiting for a month if someone would send a letter wrote with pencil to
take part in contest. And after that we're all happy to wait for almost a year
to hear who's the winner in contest nobody even remember any more.

Hopefully in near future at least RDXC will continue its step toward modern
society and set even some new rules. Some thing's I'd like to see required from
stations willing to finish in top boxes:
- Webcams in the shack
- Online real time results
- Almost real time audio streaming

Anyway, great contest, great operators and a lot of fun! Thank you all for Q's
and thanks to Radio Arcala team for support and possibility to operate from
OH8X.

73 de Toni, OH2UA