[3830] WPX SSB K0VXU SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 27 17:20:34 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KANSAS
Operating Time (hrs): 19:00

Another solar surprise!  Great conditions all weekend.  Great to hear all the
familiar callsigns and big signals.  QRM was maddening at times, but ain't it
great to HAVE QRM.

For me this was more or less a casual operation.  I just didn't have the time
to put in a max effort.  This time I concentrated more on QSOs and less on
mults.

The low bands were much a lost cause as we had thunder storms Friday and
Saturday that pretty well oblierated any signals except the very loudest.  Many
thanks for the 160 meter QSOs.  Because of the high QRN levels on the low bands
I didn't have many 5 band QSOs with any one station...maybe 3 or 4 and no 6
band QSOs.

KU1CW of the KCCC was really rocking along when I worked him on 80 meters.
Conditions up in Iowa must have had less QRN.  KC0MO of the KCCC was doing a
casual effort also but putting up some decent numbers, too.

RIG:  IC-746PRO / TL-922A / TH6-DXX (10-15-20) / inverted vees 940 & 80) /
inverted L (160)

Thanks to all who gave QSOs and my regrets to those who called and I couldn't
copy due to the crowded bands.

See you all next year.

73,
Russ - K0VXU