[3830] WPX SSB WN6K SOAB(TS) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 27 17:30:45 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB(TS) LP
QTH: Vista, CA

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Started on Ten but that thrill lasted just a few minutes and headed to this
year's 'money' band.  Did not beat myself up either night and quit on 40 about
11:00 each night and got lots of sleep.  20M was awful for me - band noise
seemed high and EUs were not all that workable.  The EUs on 15 were better
(best on second morning for me) so I spent the time sweeping the band there.
On Sunday as the EUs were fading to only the "one's already in the log" I
happened to switch to 10M to see if there were any new SA stations that I had
not worked and first call at 350 was a W1 telling someone "yes, I am a real W1"
which meant it was open east to west for a change.  Well although they are only
1 pointers, about every 3rd or 4th was a mult so I basically hung on till the
end with it opening to China and Japan at the very end for a short time.

Goal was breach 800 / 500 and if the bands would have just been a tiny bit
better, I probably would have done that.

          160M    80M    40M    20M    15M    10M   Total      %

    OC       0      0      3      3     24     15      45     5.9
    NA       0      3    134     58    108    153     456    59.3
    SA       0      0      4      7      3     49      63     8.2
    AS       0      0      5      5     80     15     105    13.7
    EU       0      0      2     10     85      0      97    12.6
    AF       0      0      1      0      2      0       3     0.4

WN6K, Paul