[3830] WPX SSB N8BJQ SOSB15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 27 17:35:20 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N8BJQ
Operator(s): N8BJQ
Station: N8BJQ

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: OH

   15: 1100

Really good conditions.  Did not decide what to do until just before the start.
Spent the week in W6 and did not get back until very late Thursday night.  15
sounded good in the afternoon when I turned the radio on so figured I would
start there and see how it went. The first night was okay - mostly W6 and
VK/ZL.  Saturday morning was quite slow.  Lots of S&P as the band was opening.
Did not find a good spot to run until 1545. Splatter was pretty bad. Some
really wide and loud signals.  Ran off and on until 2030 and then had to quit
for family obligations.  Did not get back on until 0030.  Lots of loud AS
stations (9M8, JT5, BY's and BV's) plus JA's. Expect I missed a lot while I was
off.  Sunday was much of the same.  S&P in the AM and run off and on in the
afternoon and evening.  Got to watch a couple of basketball games when things
got slow.  Nice JA run to finish up.  Good to hear loud signals from Asia on
15.  Some really big numbers.  Expect some records will be broken when all is
done.

Had some problems with the DVR in the K3.  It died several times, usually
preceeded by a very loud pop.  Not sure what caused it - it appeared to be a
random occurence.  Only way to recover was to cycle the power.

K3 with DVR
4 ele M2 @95'
3 C3's @ 114, 78, 36;
Dishtronix DX2400L