[3830] WPX SSB KE3X M/S LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 27 18:23:44 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X, KB3SPI
Station: KE3X

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Washington, DC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My son Aidan KB3SPI helped me make some QSO's as a Multi-Single.   His 'kid
voice' helped cut through the QRM on 20-meters, and he worked Germany, Czech
Republic, Belgium, France and other DX.   We also used our 40-meter dipole
through the FT-1000MP's which loaded up on 15-meters at 50 watts and 2:1 SWR,
but that was good enough, given the excellent conditions this weekend.

This weekend we also picked up a 2nd identical FT-1000MP and two tower sections
to continue our station upgrade.

73, Ken KE3X