[3830] WPX SSB N4BCD SO(A)AB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Mar 27 20:16:40 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N4BCD
Operator(s): N4BCD
Station: N4BCD

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:

Part 1.  At the start of the contest, we had the Huntsville Amateur Radio Club
station K4BFT operating in the meeting room.  Had guys making their first HF
contact in years logging stations and many others asking questions.  Gratifying
to see.

Part 2 began after getting home and on the air about 10PM local.  What a
difference power makes.  Where we struggled at K4BFT on 40 & 20, I pounced
across the bands with first calls for about 2 hours then went to bed.  Saturday
& Sunday were spent dealing with a hot water tank replacement job, frequent
disconnects for t-storms with a few minutes here and there in the chair.

FT-950 > Alpha 91 >
        80m - 1/4 wave full size elevated vertical with 3 tuned radials
        40m - 420' horizontal loop at 55'
       20-15-10m  A3S @ 60'