[3830] WPX SSB KY5R SOSB15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 28 11:01:54 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KY5R
Operator(s): KY5R
Station: KY5R

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: AL

   15: 1290

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Hot prop , new amp yeah baby!!! All seemed right for an assualt on 15mtrs this
weekend but.....Mother Nature seemed to be the spoiler. Saturday was a washout
due to a line of severe T-storms that lasted from daybreak through the late
nite with a few brief beaks for those who dared to plug things up. When I did
plug things up the rain static was over the top most of the time. By Sunday
morning it had calmed down alot and off I went chasing the Q's and pfx's.
Conditions good everywhere. Just couldn't put the "genie back in the bottle" as
far as getting the competitive juices going realizing that I was to far down the
slope. So I went for fair showing. Actually my score was a bit better than last
year due to better 3pt propagation. TNX for the Q's and see all for the CW
weekend in a multi-op capacity. 73 Tim, KY5R