[3830] WPX SSB AH7NA(N6EE) SO(A)SB10 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Mar 28 13:44:14 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AH7NA
Operator(s): N6EE
Station: KH6ZM

Class: SO(A)SB10 HP
QTH: Hawaii

   10: 1609

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Operated from the FB station of Max KH6ZM on the Big Island of Hawaii.
The objective was to have FUN and that was surely the case!
The band was in pretty good shape, but not great.
I decided at the last minute to switch from 15M single band to 10M single band
when conditions on Friday seemed quite good on 10M and the SFI was 115. The
decision was also based on the reality that my body just can't handle the long
hours with Butt-in-Chair anymore :(
I also (unwisely) chose to go Assisted, just for Grins.  I made exactly one QSO
(5N7M) as a result of the Packet Spots.  Otherwise, it was useless.
Japan was pretty much a No Show.  The 120 or so JAs I worked were VERY loud
(59+), but the JA pileups never happened.

Elecraft K3 with Yamaha CM500
Alpha 99
4L SteppIR at 64 feet
5L 10M HyGain at 55 feet
3L 10M Fixed East at 85 feet
Writelog (flawless)

My sincere Thanks to Max for the use of his great station and to his lovely
wife Kathy for the gracious hospitality and wonderful meals.

73, Ron N6EE