[3830] WPX SSB II9T(@IT9GSF) M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Mar 30 09:02:50 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: II9T
Operator(s): IT9AUG, IT9CJC, IT9EQO, IT9ESW, IT9GSF, IT9INO, IT9NJE, LY4O
Station: IT9GSF

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: SICILY

   20: 1676
   15: 2065

Club: OK CIAO CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

Nice (and first) Multi-two effort from my QTH. Special guest, for the third
time, was Rytis LY4U. A lot of improvements in the schedule now. First: it is
not possible to compete on 40 meters with these wire antennas, so a tower and
rotary beam must be built. Amazing propagation on 15 meters. Needed some other
sunspots to widely open 10 meters. Few direct signals from USA on 10, most were
coming from south America reflections. Thanks to Antonello, IT9EQO, for special
equipment (as the Beverage antennas switch that was used to share Bevs on 160,
80 and 40 mts bands). Thanks to Eugenio, IT9NJE, for psicologic help (HI!)...
he is a super doctor! Without their help it was not possible to beat the
previous IR9Y Multi/2 record in Sicily with over 9 million difference!
Personally, I had a problem after the contest: everybody was tired and
sleeping, I wasn't able to sleep at the end of the contest after two days with
two hours of sleeping between saturday and sunday. It was the excitement and
adrenaline effect. This is the first time a sicilian station goes over 20
millions points. I think we could be record men in Europe with good station.
Operators are improving their skill and I think you will ear our signals in the
best openings/rates trough the world. Special operators are invited to join us
for the WPX CW Contest next May. It will be an other good eating time with
Castrato, Sausages, Pasta, and Fish in the barbecue.
It will be swimming and beach time already even if the beaches are far about
one hour from IU9T/II9T's QTH... but, as always, I think we will have to work
on the equipments until friday night.... so operators are planning to come and
to remain some days after the contest.
Best regards and 73,
Fabio, IT9GSF (One of IU9T/II9T team).

P.S.: Station description
10 mts: Interlaced 5 elements Yagi (with 15 mts Yagi)
15 mts: Interlaced 4 elements Yagi (With 10 mts) + Interlaced 4 Elements Yagi
(with 20 mts Yagi)
20 mts: Interlaced 4 elements Yagi (with 15 mts Yagi)
40 mts: wire Yagi @15 mts
80 mts: phased verticals
160 mts: Inverted L
RX Antennas: 300 and 180 mts Beverages (W - NW - NE - E).
Station 1: Elecraft K3 + Home made amplifier
Station 2: IC775 + Home made amplifier
Software: WIN TEST (Implemented with personal datas and it was SUPER !!!!).