[3830] FlQP VE6TL SOABMixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 1 15:11:53 PDT 2011

                    Florida QSO Party

Call: VE6TL
Operator(s): VE6TL
Station: VE6TL

Class: SOABMixed HP
QTH: Calgary

   40:
   20:   60     24
--------------------
Total:   60     24  CW Mults = 38  Ph Mults = 21  Total Score = 8,496

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

More than doubled last year's score as last year I worked a total of 3 hours and
this year just over 4 hours.  The auroral condx were horrible here, with an MUF
about 13 MHz.  Was lucky to work anybody on any band as the K index averaged 4.
 No signals at all on 15m and 10m - even from across town.  And with the late
sunset these days, found 40 and 80m useless for Florida during contest times.
So even though condx were horrible this year, they were much worse than
horrible last year (had ten days of zero sunspots prior to contest).  The other
thing this weekend was the serious QSB.  I rarely could copy an entire callsign
in one go.  Made it challenging.  I did hear a few Europeans working the
contest on 20m and they seemed to be doing much better than me.  Such is the RF
Black Hole of Alberta (and my city lot QTH).

Rig:  FTDX-5000MP
Amp:  FL-7000 (500W)
Ant:  TH6DXX at 40'