[3830] NCCC Sprint K7SS LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu May 5 21:34:18 PDT 2011

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 6

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): .5

Total:  48     34  Total Score = 1,632

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Now that was different.  used my 706 with no CW filter, while the pro is in the
shop.
finally have my beam back up after a 2 month rebuild and having to wait for a
dry weather stretch.

worked the SNS to get warmed up. (and by the way WELCOME to N1WPU in Maine who
gave me nr 2 in the SNS at 0220...hope we hear him again next time)
20 was ok with stations spread out in the SNS, but when 0230 hit on 20, w/ no
cw filter it became pure chaos.  Couldnt even think about 039 to 043.. just
a jumble of loud stations all beating against each other.  managed to work the
edges til most left for 40 and thinned things out.  much better.

went to 40 (had added a 40m element to the steppir rebuild) and to save time on
band change, went to the ol trusty sloper....since the steppir takes awhile to
stretch out to 40m length.   worked a few boys on 40, and then switched to the
extended steppir element, and signals jumped way up in strength.  a nice
change.

80 was tough with sun still up.. just a few worked.

went to 160, and recalled that w/ the usual pro radio, i add attenuation to be
able to hear anything...and without it the noise is 30 over 9.  the 706 ATT
didnt cut it, so wound up having to switch from Inv L on transmit, to sloper on
receive on each transmission... a real zoo.. very funny.. and luckily only a few
minutes on 160 to do.

great to be back w/ the beam back up. see everyone next time.  nice to hear and
work most all you boys again..
thanks to K7WA and KK7S for WA mults and Qs.

73
danwa
k7ss