[3830] InQP N8II Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue May 10 10:28:52 PDT 2011

                    Indiana QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WV

  160:
   80:    5      0
   40:   29     54
   20:    2      0
--------------------
Total:   36     54  CW Mults = 29  Ph Mults = 40  Total Score = 8,694

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My apologies to IN hams for not supporting INQP fully this year; it has been
very good to me the past 2 years and I do enjoy it. I can finally say I have
seen some of IN. I just flew thru Indianapolis right over the speedway, it was
nice and green. A really busy Friday at work followed by Mothers Day dinner and

other mother's dinner Saturday lessened my hopes and desires of pushing it
hard.
N5ZK was jumping into almost every pile up/new county I found, so it will be
intersting to see how he faired. Then, I started running quite a few on 20 SSB
in 7QP, and I just didn't have the energy to keep jumping back and forth.

The QP was a little slower than the past couple of years, 1 or 2 fewer mobiles,
but WN9O, KJ9C, and AE8M were roving most of the QP. I lost track of KM9X +
KB9MGI after two QSO's. At the start, 40 CW was really slow and it never picked
up to what one might expect. Around 1945Z, I had a nice run on 40 SSB. I worked
quite a few from Allen and Tippecanoe counties, but just one QSO each mode from
Marion. The mobiles/rovers had pretty good signals here on 40 in the afternoon,
better than quite a few of the fixed
casual guys. There were also a couple of county line operations which were
quite welcome. We had only backscatter propagation on 20, worse than last year,
so that didn't help either. 20 phone in the evening was pretty loaded up between
the 3 other contests with quite loud Europeans off the back corner of the beam.
Keep the home fires burning and I hope to be back next year.