[3830] 7QP N8II SOMixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu May 12 10:42:31 PDT 2011

                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOMixed HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:    2      0
   40:   19     10
   20:   82    182
   15:   39     37
----------------------------
Total:  142    229      0  Mults = 112  Total Score = 98,672

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Mothers Day weekend, K9DOG's birthday, and contests are a very bad mix. Friday
was very hectic at work followed by mom #1's dinner almost an hour away.
Saturday, between dog's lunch at Mickey D's and walk and mom # 2's dinner +
INQP diversion, I missed about 4 hours. I was too whipped to push past around
0305Z. The last couple of hours weren't fun, but 40 was in probably the best
shape it ever is to 7 land at 02Z and QRN was nil as opposed to the head
banger
we had in GQP.
   I spent less time than normal S&P for rare counties and mobiles, but the
mobiles were scarce especially mid day on 20 when absorption was high. I
couldn't find one mobile on 15 despite some crushing sigs from AZ, WA, and OR
for many hours. At times, the Rocky Mountain area was weak on 15. 20 phone was
fun with some good rate runs from 2018-2055Z and 2341-0023Z. The rare counties
kept calling in including KT7G/M in 3 counties, thanks.
   Activity was based on per capita population was best from OR, followed by
great activity from AZ, and WA. After only 22 Q's, all 7-land states were in
the log. I worked 13 out of 15 AZ counties, 7 in ID, 14 in MT, 6 in NV (poorest
activity), 28 in OR, 17 in UT (good activity there), 22 in WA, and 5 in WY.
   7QP is a fun contest with a "real contest" flavor. Having 3 other contests
that weekend probably decreases interest from outside 7 land a bit and
increases difficulty with QRM, but luckily from here it worked out pretty well.
Only on 80 were the 7QP'ers dominated/drowned out by other contest activity. EU
was loud here in the late afternoon/evening on both 15 and 20 beaming to 7-land
even with some pretty decently clean antenna patterns, so the ARI QRM was the
worst problem here. Don't forget that 15 is now OPEN. Thanks for the QSO's and
hope to be back for more time next year.

73, Jeff