[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu May 26 21:56:08 PDT 2011

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - May 27

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

  160:   2      2
   80:   5      4
   40:  19     13
   20:  16     13
Total:  42     32  Total Score = 1,344

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Was going to skip 160, but then remembered that N3ZZ probably has his 160m
antenna down for plowing, and it was my only chance to catch him. The strategy
almost worked . . an immediate answer from N6RO, then a QSY to 1816 to CQ,
where I could just hear W7WHY calling in from his campground - he was a solid
S2, with the low-noise Beverage it was easy copy.  On return to 80m with 20
seconds to go, there was a gaggle of confusion around 3540, then total silence
. . so I threw my call in, and amazingly someone answered . . it was Art, KZ5D
for a three bander, and possibly our first 80m Q ever.  But, alas Tom, who
seemed to be having an excellent night, beat me by 2 Q's.

Multiple QLF's tonight maybe caused by the week off. To keep in practice, I had
entered the NAQCC "Sprint"  last week. . although fun, straight key and 5 watts,
the contest is like swimming upstream in molasses compared to NS.  However I
joined the group, and have been assigned an easy number, a concatenation of my
year-first-licensed with Jack Benny's perpetual age.

Anyway, fun as always  and I'm almost caught up on scores, so you will see some
results shortly.

73 Bill n6zfo