[3830] WPX CW NN7SS(K6UFO) SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 29 17:10:13 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: WA

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Propagation looked bad going into this contest.
Friday night wasn't too bad with 15m and 20m good
for four hours. Then I took a then a nap to get
up at o-dark-thirty to work Pacific on low bands.
I managed two dozen, but not encouraging.

Saturday Morning, very few Europeans heard or worked
on 20m, and very weak signals on 15m. So it was USA
all day long, low points but at least a lot of prefixes.
Heard some EU on 20m in late afternoon, but too weak to
work QRP.

On 10m I thought I hear a ZL1, but it was really ZILCH.
I worked four locals on 10m.

No sense staying up Saturday night for low band QRP under
these conditions.  Sunday was more of the same, just a
few Europeans, then USA all day. I was glad to have a
second radio, to keep me busy tuning.

In 2009 I made 500 Qs while QRP, so my 460 Qs aren't bad
for the terrible propagation conditions.

Thanks for the contacts!

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

10,15,20m: C-31XR at 71ft, C-3 at 53ft
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft, 40-2CD at 48 ft
80m: Half-slopers from 60ft and 47 ft
160m: Inverted L over metal garage roof.
Two Yaesu FT-1000MPs turned down to 5 watts
Writelog software and W5XD multikeyer.