[3830] WPX CW KU8E SOSB40(TS) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 29 17:28:54 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SOSB40(TS) HP
QTH: GA

Total:  826  Prefixes = 470  Total Score = 1,089,930

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, AL811H 500 watts.
Center fed Zepp @ 50 ft,  1/4 vertical

Saturday was my wife's birthday and didn't want to spend the whole weekend on
the radio. Picked a band I could play on during the night time hours. 40 meters
worked out great since it is one of my better bands and the condx there were
fairly decent. Started out just playing around but since I was doing good I
kept going to try to reach 1 M points. Made it there and my score was about
200K higher than last years 40 meter single band winner. Hopefully it will hold
but I doubt it. I'm sure someone with bigger antennas probably beat me.

73, Jeff  KU8E