[3830] WPX CW AD7JP(K2PO) SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun May 29 20:01:29 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: AD7JP
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Oregon

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

A friend allowed me to use his AD7 callsign (which hasn’t appeared in CW WPX
results for many years).  That doubtless helped my score a bit (particularly in
the final 30 minutes, as several European multi-ops tracked me down for one more
multiplier).

A commitment with visiting family kept me away from the rig on Saturday
afternoon.  (I tried to explain that contest “off” times are meant for
sleep, but no. . .)

The geomagnetic storm Saturday sure messed with the bands; I didn’t work any
Europeans on 20m until nearly noon local, and didn’t work any 15m stations
until evening.

Of my 1243 Qs, 124 were JAs, and 140 were Europeans (including 27 UA QSOs).  I
worked no European on 40 or 80, and just one European on 15 (tnx CS2C).

A new tower/antennas went up this spring.  This was its first test, and I was
pleased with the performance.  Now I just need to work on the operator
performance...

73,
Bill, K2PO/7