[3830] WPX CW ES1WST(WS4T) SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 30 04:46:29 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: ES1WST
Operator(s): WS4T
Station: ES1WST

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Tallinn

I'm seeing a lot of 3830 posts without any comments, so I guess I'm not the only
one that was disappointed! CQ WPX SSB was such an unexpected thrill, I had built
up big hopes for working a lot of crazy DX in this one. I even prepared
propagation charts for Guam. But then I spent most of the weekend reading about
auroras... Managed to make a few auroral QSOs on 6m as a distraction, but HF was
lousy here for DX. Solar wind speed over 700 km/sec -- quite a storm. I changed
plans ("when life gives you lemons, make lemonade") and had some fun on 10m.
Even managed to make few South American QSOs on that band, a first for me from
this QTH.