[3830] WPX CW 4O3A SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 30 05:56:16 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: 4O3A
Operator(s): 4O3A
Station: 4O3A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Obosnik hill

   20: 1682
   15: 1089

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

To describe it simply â€" one of the worst conditions ever!
I had very bad feeling on low bands where runs just stopped Sunday morning.
When it drops down dramatically, at 02:50 GMT only solution was to take
resting. Usually this period should be use for increasing QSO points on Low
Bands.
Sunday evening at 18:00 GMT I heard USA stations coming better, noise was
becoming “healthy” â€" and right on time I made QSY to enjoy some USA
pileup’s â€" finally.
Propagation were a bit better at Sunday, but still far away from average. West
coast I touched on 15/20M at the end of the contest, but signals were very
weak, and unfortunately, many of them I could not get out from the noise.
Set up was OK and everything was functional. Boro (4O6Z) connect two new
beverages, 200m long, at Friday,. Old West beverage (300m) is at direction of
300 degrees, and new additional one is on 320 degrees, what is exact azimuth
for US. Till Friday, for me these 20 degrees was marginal, in generally. But!
Difference was amazing on 80M. Even few S units if a signal comes from more
North. I can just imagine what I lost in the past on 160M without it?

* But all those improvement will not be helpful much against remote receivers
used by some competitors. Anyway, fun is great.

CU in next one

73
Ranko