[3830] WPX CW NT5C(N3BB) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 30 09:01:36 PDT 2011

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NT5C
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to John Warren, I got on a little using his call NT5C in the WPX CW. It
was mainly to test out the station as well as to see if I still could remember
the TR keystrokes for a contest. Some I could, some I had forgotten. The bands
were not great; that's for sure. Congrats to KT5J and N5AW and the NX5M gang
(and other CTDXCCers) for sticking with it with high numbers.

I mainly got on (as fresh meat) and called CQ, figuring the fellows would find
me. From this area, NX5M and KT5J did. So the rates were high and I used the
second radio to work stations...I found this hard after nearly two years of no
practice handling two audio streams in a "regular" contest.

Unfortunately, the only remaining fifteen meter antenna failed near the end of
the contest. K5NA and I had isolated that one as the only "good" one in the
fifteen meter stack, and so I'll have to go back to the drawing board for
measures to fix fifteen meters.

It was fun to get back in, if only for a little. I was only four segments for a
total of two hours and fifteen minutes.

Jim N3BB