[3830] CQWW SSB OZ5E(K3ZJ) SOSB/15 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 1 06:35:54 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OZ5E
Operator(s): K3ZJ
Station: OZ5E

Class: SOSB/15 LP
QTH: Stjaer, Denmark
Operating Time (hrs):

   15:  961    35      112

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to OZ1ADL (Jan) & OZ1XJ (Andrew), co-owners of the OZ5E contest station
located at Jan's farm in rural central Jutland.  Thanks also to Andrew & XYL
Lissa for their kind hospitality in nearby Arhus at their "Mollestien 49" guest
house (http://www.house-in-aarhus.com/html/english.html)  while we worked on
antennas B4 the contest. Station info & related links are at:
http://www.oz5e.com/html/oz5e_oz1adl.html.
Despite best efforts, the Acom 2000 intended to power the 15M position could
not be fixed in time for the weekend, so I went barefoot with the new 5-el 15M
Optibeam at 60'.  The beam, condx, and fellow hams made for an enjoyable time,
although I had to leave at 1330 GMT Sunday so did not maximize the score.