[3830] CQWW SSB 3V8SS(KF5EYY) SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 1 12:19:14 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 3V8SS
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 3V8SS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Sousse
Operating Time (hrs): 31h11

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   42     5       27
   40:  194     9       42
   20:  638    24       78
   15: 1190    27       83
   10: 1744    28       89

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Being in Moscow for a 5-days-business trip continued until one day before this
year's CQWW Contest prevented me from taking enough rest for the event. What an
excitement being in the old Soviet capital!

I had the chance to meet my friend Andrey RA9CKQ, Valery R5GA and Dima
RA9USU... Thanks guys for coming to see me!
I also was pleased to meet Pavel RU5A how made my 30-minutes operation from his
office Station possible! I was operating as RA/KF5EYY and made 60 QSOs. What a
fun!

Friday was a busy day at office. I insisted the to visit TS2A (3V8BB) guys in
Hammamet inspite of tire and had a nice contest chat with Hrane YT1AD, Dragan
YT3W and Dima RA9USU that I met a couple of days ago in UA3.

I was lucky having 4 hours sleeping on Friday night and thanks to my mobile who
failed to wake me up before the contest.
I started my operation at 0230z with the usual (for me) low QSO rates on 40.

A quick look on 20 showed a bench of nice DX Catches (KH6, FO0M, ZL, etc.). I
worked them all, what a good start!
I continued switching between CQing on 40 and S&P on 20 till about half an hour
before sunrise!

I made about an hour on 20, then a quick move to 15 before joining the rest of
the world on 10 and found the party already started!
What an awesome 10m! Great opening towards far east in the morning and towards
Americas in the afternoon. Pile-ups were huge and difficult to manage
sometimes.

I could break last year's score well before the end of Day 1, then realized
that I completely forgot about sleeping unlike what has been expected due to my
busy week... However, I prefered going to bed for another 4 hours as I didn't
rely a lot on low bands. My antenna system for 80 and 40 needs full revamping.
I should also think about another solution for 160 after having my vertical
partly broken and de-tuned.

Best QSO Rates:
230 QSOs during one hour
130 QSOs during 30 minutes
52 QSOs during 10 minutes

TRX: KENWOOD TS-450S
Antenna: CT-37HF, Spiderbeam, 40m GP, 80m GP

73

Ash KF5EYY
Tunisian Op of 3V8SS Radio Club
http://www.qsl.net/3v4-002/