[3830] CQWW SSB K4RO SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 1 17:21:27 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TN

  160:   13     6        8
   80:   68    16       38
   40:   85    19       50
   20:  166    25       57
   15:  365    25       77
   10:  584    27       83

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I won a Heil headset at the contest banquet this year, so I figured it was a
sign to try operating a few more phone contests. I've got a long way to go on
phone, including solving a bad ground loop problem with my computer sound card
and DX Doubler. This might have been the most phone QSOs I've made as a single
op. Biggest problems were QRN from a nearby power pole, and a terrible ringing
in my ears ever since using a chain saw without ear protection a few weeks ago.

The conditions on 10 meters were just amazing. It's been a long time since I've
made SSB QSOs above 29MHz! Would have liked to put in even more time if I could
have. Here's hoping that these kinds of conditions repeat for CQWW CW. Hope to
see some of the NA CW crowd in CW SS this weekend.

73, Kirk K4RO