[3830] CQWW SSB KE5LQ SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 1 20:46:06 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KE5LQ
Operator(s): KE5LQ
Station: KE5LQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   10     7        8
   40:   13     6        8
   20:   59    15       40
   15:  113    21       53
   10:  178    24       54

Great to have conditions that made for easy QSO's on the high bands again.
Stealth antennas here don't work well when there are no sunspots. Haven't heard
contest QSO's near 29000 kHz before. On the other hand didn't make many
intercontinental QSO's or hear the usual activity on 80 and 40. Either it was
too noisy or everyone was taking advantage of the high band conditions.  Low
point for me was when I switched to 15m and inadvertently called a VE below
21200.  High point was easily working S&P QSO's on first call up and down 10m.
ARRL 10m contest could be fun this year.