[3830] CQWW SSB M4A(@G6UW) M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sat Nov 5 05:19:48 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: M4A
Operator(s): G3ZAY, G4AXX, G4EAG, M0BLF, M0DEG, M0HSW, M0LRB, M0NCG, M0TOC, M0TRN, M0SCH, M0VFC, M0ZXA
Station: G6UW

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: JO02af

  160:   79     5       34
   80:  414    18       75
   40:  871    28      100
   20:  682    38      118
   15: 1760    36      113
   10: 1595    39      138

Wow, what a fantastic contest! Thanks to the solar cycle for making 15m and 10m
so much better than in recent years, and to everyone who had QSOs with us. We
set the English M/2 country record at 5.1M points just last year, and so it's
especially great to be claiming such a substantially larger score in 2011.

On the other hand, we were a little disappointed with our performance on the
low bands and we are already planning a four-square to replace the pair of
phased verticals that we use on 80m.

As usual, we were pleased to welcome a number of new, young operators to the
Cambridge University Wireless Society team. As I say each year, introducing new
students to contesting is one of our primary objectives, so thanks to everyone
who was patient with us if one of our ops was struggling to copy you.

The CUWS shack cannot be permanently set-up for contesting, and so most of our
equipment and antennas are installed only a few hours before the contest. This
takes quite a lot of organisation and additional thanks therefore go to
everyone who helped us and lent us equipment for the weekend.