[3830] SS CW KO7AA Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 6 16:51:27 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KO7AA
Operator(s): KO7AA
Station: KO7AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ARIZONA

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

That was painful....

I think this is a taste of the future, the dwindling number of CW contesters
spread out over 3 open daytime bands. Maybe it was just the conditions in AZ.

I started out on 15, the band was open to the entire US, short and long skip.
The rate was just slow. I had 20 2nd radio Q's each of the first 4 hours, and
my hourly totals were still behind the last 2 years. At 0230Z it was like a
door slammed shut on 20M. I moved the run radio to 40M and the 2nd radio to
80M and it was like my antennas were down. Nobody to work. Nobody louder than
S5 on 80M. I realized I wasn't going to be able to do 40/80 for 4-5 hours and
shut it down. On Sunday the new goal was 1000 Q's and a sweep. Even that was
painful....

At least frequency fights are a thing of the past !!

It sounded like some people were having fun. I congratulate the persistance
of those that operated 24 hours !!

73, Bill KO7AA in Tucson