[3830] SS CW N5UM Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 6 19:17:09 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N5UM
Operator(s): N5UM
Station: N5UM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OK

Yikes - missed only ND, which is usually not a problem.  Also surprising was not
working anyone in MI until Sunday afternoon -- not sure what's up with that.
Had some other commitments at various times during the weekend, so only long
stint in the chair was Saturday evening.   But, even that was interrupted by
the 5.6 magnitude earthquake (an Oklahoma record) here near OKC at just before
11PM local time on Saturday - just to shake things up a bit.   Was happily
running on 40M when everything started to rumble and rattle in the house.  It
lasted about a minute or so.  Then, took about 1/2 hour off to make a couple of
phone calls (nearly impossible due to heavy traffic), then back on for a couple
of hours before calling it a night.  There have been many small earthquakes
around here lately, but I never felt any of them until this time.

Won't be able to work much SS SSB as I'll be at a Boy Scout campout that
weekend.

Rig:  IC756 (non pro)  100W
Antenna:  Hustler 6BTV on ground, 28 radials.

73 and thanks for the Qs,

Al N5UM