[3830] SS CW K9YC SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 6 20:31:26 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K9YC
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SCV

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This is by far my personal best for Sweepstakes full time at home.
Usually I do 11 hours or so at home, then 12-13 hours somewhere else.
Indeed, I'm not sure if I've ever done full time at home since moving
here in 2006.

Last year, I went to bed with 594 Qs and a sweep.  This year, I went to
bed with 680 Qs and needing VY1, which I worked early Sunday morning.

With the second tower added this summer and the wires added last year, I now
have separate antennas for every band, which has allowed me to get
really serious with SO2R, and this is the first time I've ever felt I
was actually making good use of it.  I was doing a bit Saturday night,
but nearly all of Sunday was SO2R. I'm really liking the YCCC SO2R box.

I did much more preparation this time around, and was also trying to be
far more disciplined about how I was working. All of the things the club
has been doing to help us build our skills seem to be paying off. And
for the first time in a while, nothing broke or went wrong -- no ice
storms, no windstorms, no power failures, no rig failures. Only the
brain QLFing once in a while.

73, Jim K9YC