[3830] SS CW K7HBN Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 7 00:27:19 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K7HBN
Operator(s): K7HBN
Station: K7HBN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WWA

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Only heard VY1 briefly on 40 and never heard NL  First SC was W4/DL3YM, and he
was the only SC heard until K2SX in my last hour on 20.  The TS-590 was very
nice except for the noticeable AGC pumping on 10 meters (up-conversion).  80,
40,20, and 15 down conversion bands no problem.  It did however seem to reduce
power when the noisy fan came on "high" during a run.  If I reduced power to
around 75 watts out this did not occur.  If someone was driving an amp which
only required 40 to 50 watts they would never notice.  No sweep, but did work
all states.  This is still my favorite contest even as age seems to reduce the
"competitive desire".  Interesting low power battle locally between W7WA and
N7WA
de K7HBN