[3830] SS CW W4RM Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 7 03:12:55 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W4RM
Operator(s): W4RM,W4NF,K5VG, K8EI
Station: W4RM

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: VA

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

While from an east coast prospective the band conditions took a turn for the
worst.  The high bands being open till late kept everyone busy with little east
coast activity going to 40 & 80M till very late.  Then on Saturday night 40M
went long early which reduced the short skip and the east coast QSOs which I
have come to rely on.  Overall our 80M score was cut in half from last years
600 plus qsos.  The overall score and qsos were also down as I the team was
unable to replace the east coast low band 40/80M qso's with west coast high
band qsos.

So, overall we are down about 200 qso and 20K points.  As with every CW SS it's
a great time with a very skill operators and alwasy FUN.

We'll return next year with a new plan as I'm sure the bands will act similar
to this contest.

73 Bill W4RM and the contest team W4NF, K5VG & K8EI