[3830] SS CW NO5W Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 7 05:26:40 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

K3-100, 80-10m wires at 25 ft, CQ/X

Missed DE, MB, NL, and NT. Never heard DE and MB and the pileups on the latter
two were so intense I decided to pursue them later, which never happened.

It sure was nice to have 15m (10m also) in great shape to take some of the load
off of 20m and 40m -- during parts of Sunday I was even able to hold a frequency
for extended periods on 15 and 20. I can't remember the last time 15m played
such an important role in my SS score. The score would have probably been
better than my personal best of last year if I had invested the same amount of
time but that LSU-Bama game took precedence on Saturday night.

Nice to work a number of ops giving out checks in the 90's and 00's and to work
many call signs I'd never seen before. Of course it's also fun to run into
familiar calls and to exchange a quick "howdy" with old friends.

Thanks to all for the Qs.

73/Chuck/NO5W