[3830] SS CW K6OK SO Unlimited LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 7 05:52:42 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6OK
Operator(s): K6OK
Station: K6OK

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

My check is '09, so up until now my modest dipoles have not had any provision
for 10 meters. Why bother putting up something for a dead band? With the
consistently high SFI numbers I decided right before the contest to do
something for 10. I bought some aluminum tubing and rigged up a dipole at 25
feet. The thing looks exactly like a commercially made rotatable dipole, except
mine doesn't rotate, I just pointed the lobe slightly north of east. That effort
paid off nicely -- lots of QSO's on 10, and it was fun doing S&P on a band
filled with signals.

Used the cluster to fill my N1MM bandmap, but I can't say it helped me find
that many multipliers, as S&P was productive enough on its own. The exception
being VY1EI in NT, as his every move was well advertised on the cluster.

Great fun, hope the SFI stays high for Part II SSB in two weeks... thanks to
all for the Q's.