[3830] SS CW VE4EAR SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 7 07:17:56 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:

Very limited time available for this one. Missed most of the prime 10/15m time.
Ended up missing NWT, NNY and NL. I did hear VO1HP several times on 10m but his
pileup was too deep and signals were weak.

CW is still a struggle for me and I am comfortable S&Ping but the pileups are
just too deep during CW SS. It sounds like a constant tone with everyone zero
beat. It is just too slow and frustrating for me and I am sure everyone on the
other side of the pileup. Whats with the ops that hear you trying to work the
pileup at 16-18 wpm and figure they can throw their call in at 25+ wpm?

If I didn't work you, hopefully one of the other VE4's DR, MG or YU made it
into your log.

Not sure what is happening between VE5MX and myself. The last several contests
he has been very loud in Winnipeg on 10m.  A rather short path for E or F skip
so it must be strong back scatter.

Looking forward to a full time effort in SSB-SS in two weeks.

73

Ed