[3830] SS CW AA4XX Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 7 07:58:30 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: AA4XX
Operator(s): AA4XX
Station: AA4XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Now that was fun!  I was getting kind of low Sun morning around
11:30 with NWT, NL, MB, and NE still missing from the log. I decided
to go for my first sweep, "damn the torpedoes..."  Shortly thereafter,
NWT and VO1 were in the log, worked thru some pretty intense pileups.
So where the heck were NE and MB?  Finally, early in the afternoon, NE was
calling CQ on 15M.  I then started laying a "CQ snare" for a VE4 who was
trolling his way thru 10M, but he never took the bait.  OK, let's try 15.
And immediately, BAM! there's one, just finishing a Q with our pal KAZ.
I sure hope it's the VE4's QRG.  YES, LIFE IS GOOD!!!  At 4:30 the last
SEC was in the log--my first sweep.

OK, time to get serious of picking up some Q's. I blew a couple hours
chasing the last three SEC's, but there's no pressure, right?  Shortly
thereafter, I ran into K4QPL calling CQ on 40M.  Uh-Oh, Jim's running QRP,
and we all know he is one extremely FB contender. He's much too sly to let
me catch up with him.  Good show, James!  Thanks for making sure I kept my
BIC till the final whistle.  Let's share some notes over an 807 next time we
get together.