[3830] SS CW WN6K Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 7 08:32:17 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Vista, CA

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

While I had good intentions for an attempt at a sweep, I still missed NT and NL.
 I went looking a few times but obviously was looking in the wrong places.  Most
of the KL7s I worked were not very strong here so I was doubtful that any NTs
would knock my receiver over.

I had a bit of rain here and as soon as it presented itself, I was pointing
blind as my rotator  seems to fail indicating so there were a number of dashing
out the garage door with a flashlight beam in the night to assure I was pointed
where I thought I was...

I had SIX micro KEYER II lockups (a lot) but I now have the reset process down
to a science and can get back in seconds.  One time it locked when a huge
signal came up (might have been coincidental)and I turned the soundcard levels
down a bunch and no more lockups for the duration.

Last state to find was MS and he 'found' me on 10m.  Weak but stuck with him as
he was a K7 and I was not sure at first he was actually what I was copying. Lots
of WY and ND stations this time so you never know who will be the 'rare' one.

Station is still:
FT1000MP MARK-V Field
OCF = 80m
Rotating wire DP @67ft. = 40m
TH7DXX @55ft = 20-10m
Errant Rotating Device = Yaesu G-1000SDX
Project in the hopper - (in Elmer's garage)
DB18 @55ft 40-6m
new Yaesu G-1000 DXA

so I've got to have fair weather, time and less contesting and get er done.

WN6K, Paul