[3830] SS CW K6LA Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 7 09:34:02 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K6LA
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: K6LA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LAX

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This year the doldrums hit early. The rate dropped dramatically in the 0600
hour. I decided since the high bands were so open, I would use almost all my
off time at night. Bad idea. The Sunday afternoon doldrums were as bad as ever.
The high bands were wide open, it was easy to find a CQ frequency, but not many
came calling. And S&Ping on the other open high bands produced all the same
suspects, over and over and over again. AARRRGGGHHH.

At least the sweep was easy. All sections wound up calling in, although I
worked KP4 on S&P and found my last mult, SB, also while S&Ping. Lots of NL
this year.

73, Ken, K6LA