[3830] SS CW K0VBU Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 7 16:43:32 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0VBU
Operator(s): K0VBU
Station: K0VBU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS

Club: KC Contest Club

Comments:

Great contest! Wonderful to have the higher bands back!

My one-year old IC-7600 shot craps last week, so I dug up the old IC-746 I use
for Boy Scout camp...nice enough rig, but couldn't get used to the receiver -
especially for high-duty SS CW!

Always interesting to see which sections will be rare here from year to year.
This year there were lots of KH6, VO, KL7, MS, WY....but I never heard ND all
weekend. Two neighbor states - NE and AR - were my last mults. I was fortunate
to tune across VY1EI and work him before the pileup showed up. Also, think I
only had one DE in the log.

Missed the Sweep by one, but it was a personal best from my home station this
year, still leaving lots of room for improvement!

Where else can you run across so many friends in such a short time?? SS CW
remains my favorite!

Equipment: IC-746BSR (Boy Scout Radio), TH6-DXX (in its 32nd consecutive
year)at 50', 40m dipole at 35', G5RV for 80m at 20' (bet that should be
improved!, and the always excellent N1MM logger.

Thanks for the Q's.......
Bill, K0VBU