[3830] SS CW K3KU Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Nov 10 16:40:24 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MDC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Manitoba.  Heard two different ones S&P high on 15.  For one, I even heard him
on two different freq's, so I had him bracketed.  Called CQ like crazy, but
could not attract them.

I clearly spent too much time on the high bands.  This was my first SS from
home with real openings on the high bands, with two effects.  First, I did not
know if my rates on high bands were satisfactory (yeah, I shoulda been checking
40 and 80 more).  Second, although I like to see how well I can score, and I
want to help the Club, my motto is still "Tune for maximum fun".  The new
experience of the high bands was FUN (gee, I worked Guam on 15 with my little
100W and a dipole).  And repeating my first-ever Sweep from last year would
have been a BLAST!  Ah, well.  Wait 'til next year.