[3830] WAE RTTY N6ML(@K6LRG) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 13 16:12:47 PST 2011

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N6ML
Operator(s): N6ML
Station: K6LRG

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Livermore, CA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   21   21     0    40
   40:  117  117    60   135
   20:   72   72   130   100
   15:  253  253   270   150
   10:  279  279   270   140
------------------------------
Total:  742  742   730   565  Total Score = 831,680

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

K3, KPA500, 103BA, EF415, 204BA, XM240, 80m Inv-L

Not really serious effort, and a few murphy-strikes, including a couple of
power glitches (causing computer to reboot), then a prolonged power outage,
which occurred in the middle of sending a batch of QTCs (sorry, UA0C!). Was
operating remote most of the time, but went up the hill during the power outage
to install a UPS, and operated there for a while.

Played with QTCs for the first time - kinda fun! Hard to find anyone (AS/OC) to
take them in the afternoons, though. N1MM Logger presented a few "challenges"
with QTC mode. Heard reports of this from other ops too.

Good condx into EU on 10m. Other bands so-so. Good condx to JA also, but lack
of activity due to JIDX SSB, I'm sure. SO2R would have been a "must" for a
serious effort in this one! By the time I'd worked 10m somewhat dry, 15m was
already dying too. 20m seemed fairly poor most of the time.